Job Role: Weekend Supervisor
Here at Cycle the City, we’re looking ahead to another busy year and are now looking for a Weekend Supervisor to join the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of small, easy-going team within the travel and tourism trade.
The role of Weekend Supervisor is to oversee weekend bicycle hire and tours; accommodating both bookings, and walk-in trade. As Weekend Supervisor you will also work closely other local businesses, and No.1 Harbourside. This is an relaxed and enjoyable role which includes plenty of outdoor work.
Working hours are 9-6pm Saturday and Sunday. Additional week day hours may be available also.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing bikes for bookings, making sure they’re checked and ready for collection or tour groups.
- Taking bookings, payments and completing paperwork with customers.
- Keeping systems up to date and organising the bike store.
- Basic bicycle maintenance.
- Working closely with the No.1 Harbourside and Harbourside Market team.
- Providing information, ideas and maps for visitors looking for ideas of where to go.
- Providing customers with a bicycle which fits, and making any necessary adjustments.
- Working closely with our tour guides to make sure they know about bookings and have bikes available.
- Working with our booking calendar and email systems.
- Cash handling and daily cash up duties.
- Checking return bicycle hires for faults and damage.
The perfect candidates will be:
- Energetic, confident with great interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively, without supervision.
- Experienced in working in customer service.
- Reliable, punctual and presentable.
- Interested in bicycles and cycling.
- Well organised.
The rate for this role is £8p/h.
Sound like your thing? If you’re interested in applying, send a CV and cover note to James on email@example.com