Tour Guide: Job Description
Cycle the City started up in 2012, based in No.1 Harbourside on Bristol’s busy waterfront. We offer fun and informal bicycle tours around the wondrous city of Bristol. This year we have more bikes, more bookings and we are now looking for a more guides to join the team!
Tours take place daily (including weekends), which means we are open to several different guides sharing this role. If you’re looking for additional work to supplement your income, studying, have spare time and enjoy cycling and meeting new people, then this role could be for you!
We’re looking for enthusiastic, confident and energetic guides to lead our harbour tour. The route is a flat, car-free, 3 mile loop around the harbour, taking in some of Bristol’s most finest scenery and landmarks. The tour lasts for 1.5 hours and there’s one tour scheduled per day, although additional tours can become available through private bookings.
Group sizes can vary from the occasional person sightseeing on their own, up to groups of 12.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Meeting and greeting groups.
- Matching people with a bike that fits.
- Providing an introduction to the tour and route.
- Leading groups along the route, providing information on landmarks, history and culture.
- Ensuring groups are safe when crossing roads.
The perfect candidates will be:
- Energetic, confident with great interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about Bristol, it’s history, culture and characteristics.
- Work effectively, without supervision.
- Reliable, punctual and presentable.
- Fit, and a confident cyclist.
- Able to speak a second language (useful but not essential).
The rate for this role is £8p/h, and we will also be offering further incentives for the number of tours completed, TripAdvisor review bonuses and you also get tips!
The right candidate(s) will be taken on a tour and can be provided with further information, and reading material regarding the tour content.
Sound like your cup of tea? If you’re interested in applying, send a CV and cover note to James on email@example.com